Imagine the beautiful epoxy jewelry rings and pendants to gorgeous wood epoxy teardrop and heart-shaped necklaces. Just think of the holiday gift ideas for family and friends with hand-made pieces of art, charm bracelets, pressed flowers, or inspirational gifts of love encased in epoxy!
Just combine any amount at the 1:1 ratio, mix thoroughly, and pour! This epoxy is self-levelling for coating flat and smooth surfaces. Use it for casting objects and making 3-dimensional artwork. Beverage tumblers effortlessly coated to enhance and protect the beauty of underlying artwork and smoothly releases from silicone molds for multiple castings.
It is non-toxic when mixed as directed and fully cured and not a stinky marine or general-purpose epoxy. No VOCs. No fumes. No solvents. Non-flammable. Non-hazardous. Low odor.
Add colorants, dyes, or powders to add gorgeous effects to your one-of-a-kind epoxy artwork or drink cup. This epoxy is glossy, shiny, durable and increases the allure of anything it’s applied to!
Art & Tumbler Epoxy is formulated to offer the most clarity possible with UV inhibitors.
NOTE: WiseBond® Epoxies are VOC-Free. WiseBond® des not have an FDA approval certifying direct, long-term contact with food. It is not antimicrobial. Epoxy is not safe to ingest (liquid or cured). Do not cut on or prepare raw food on epoxy surfaces. Food or beverages should be kept away while it is in a liquid pre-cured state. It is NOT to be eaten, drank or consumed in any manner in either liquid or cured form.
Epoxy in its “clear cured form” is considered safe for incidental food contact in accordance with the FDA CFR Title 21 Sec. 175.300 Resinous and Polymeric Coatings.
Once epoxy is fully cured for 30 days, it is an inert plastic and should be fine for incidental exposure to food if all mixing instructions and directions have been followed as stated on the label and online.
NOTE: By the incorporation of colorants or objects, this may alter the epoxy’s safety, non-toxicity, and non-flammability which may compromise any safety designation. When in doubt, add a thin layer of “clear” epoxy as a final coating to encapsulate the underlying epoxy in question.
Epoxy can and will melt when exposed to a flame and can catch fire. Always keep away from heat and open flames. When exposed to higher temperatures, a maximum of 120F (50C) should be adhered to at all times.
Always use proper PPE. Pour equal amounts (1:1 ratio by volume) of A and B into a mixing cup. Mix more than you need to ensure to completely cover your work and not come up short
Stir SLOWLY! Mixing too fast will introduce air bubbles. Stir for at least 3 minutes while scraping the cup sides and bottom. Unmixed A or B material will not cure. Pour mixture into a fresh clean cup and mix 1 more minute to ensure a well-mixed product.Once you mix the A and B together, you’ll have about 15-20 minutes of pot life time before the resin thickens and cures in the mixing cup. CAUTION! Only mix as much as needed in small batches. Unused epoxy can and will begin to heat up within 10-20 minutes - depending on volume - when left in mixing containers. Do not allow extra unused epoxy to sit! Pour all unused epoxy onto a scrap piece of wood or piece of cardboard in a thin layer to prevent overheating.
Be sure the project it is level, free of dust/dirt and the room temp is around 72 degrees. The epoxy will self-level and this is when you can spread it, move it or manipulate it. Any bubbles are easily popped with a heat gun.Once you begin using (pouring or spreading) the mixed epoxy, you’ll have about 30-45 minutes of working time before the resin thickens and begins cures.
Epoxy needs to cure for 24 hours for its initial cure. Within 8-12 hours it will have a hard tack. This is when you can pour a second layer if so desired. In about 12-18 hours, it will be dry to the touch and can be moved without damage. Do not remove from molds yet. At 24 hours is when it can be handled or removed from a mold. A full cure is in 72 hours and 30 days it will be a full-hard cure.
Part A - CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65: WARNING: Chemicals known to cause cancer: None.
Part B - CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65: WARNING: This product can expose you to the chemical (Propylene Oxide CAS 75-56-9) which is known to the State of California to cause cancer.
© 2023 - WiseBond®, A product of DeckWise®, The Ipe Clip® Fastener Company